Monday, February 11, 2008

Noah turns 9!!! Yikes

It is one of those weird realities that sneaks up on you. You have a kid... kids... and your first-born is now nine. Nine. It is hard to believe. Just as all those before me warned me and told me- the time will fly. It has. If God should lead him to depart at 18 or his mom gives him the boot, we are at the half-way mark- that is weird. We are grateful for the joy that God blessed us with nine years ago.

Oh yes, McDonald's McFlurry was on the top of the "what would you like for your birthday?" list. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I know. BTW. They didn't have "Strawberry Shortcake" but "Double Chocolate" was just as nice.
That classic cheesy grin.

7 comments:

Johanna said...

Happy Birthday Noah!!! You look like you've even grown since I was just there this past summer. Wow! Hope you are all doing well!

God bless you,
Johanna

Jen said...

Happy 9th Birthday, Noah! You look older since we left ... Time really does fly by! Grace will be 11 next week and that is just crazy. Hugs from the Pohl's!!

Amber Lea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

barnettblend said...

Happy Birthday Noah! You look so old!!! It's making me feel old. So if I feel old your dad must feel ancient! :) BTW Paul loved the comment you left him. :) He said he's secure enough in his manhood not to take it seriously. :) LOL

Fredriksen Family said...

Man, noah has gotten so big!! I remember when he was like 3 and we used to sneak him Mountain Dew and get him all amped up. Love you guys!!

From Jon and Vanessa said her too..

Brent, Cathy, and Aaron said...

Hey Noah! I can't believe how old you are already. I remember when you were a baby, and I used to babysit you in California, and all those times we had in Okinawa when I babysat you and Bekah. I used to take you to McDonalds when I had some extra yen. ;-) We love you Noah! We miss you and your family.

Love,
Cathy (Brent and Aaron too!)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday noah!! p.s. my birthday is in a couple of weeks and so I have a mcflurry on my list too and zach and michal we're making fun of me.... at least I know I'm not the only one!